SOUTH PORCUPINE FOOD BANK INC.
The South Porcupine Food Bank Inc. (SPFB) thanks all our supporters! We extend our heartfelt thanks to everyone who contributed and donated in November 2020 a total estimated 4,324 lbs of food and $12,460 including:
- CDSSAB provided a subsidy grant of $3,500;
- Based on shares SPFB has with Timmins Charitable Gaming Association at Jackpot City Timmins and OLG, we received $1,629;
- Mennonite Central Committee – Timmins donated $1,500 in Metro grocery gift cards;
- Connaught Community Association Bingo Account donated $500;
- Temiskaming Preceptory No. 60 OLG Bingo Account donated $500;
- Abitibi Lodge No. 540 Bingo Account donated $500;
- Marc Lacroix Haunted House Food Drive collected & donated 1,269 lbs of food & $456 in cash;
- UWCNEO provided $250 as part of an Area Grant;
- Tisdale Mechanical Contracting Ltd. food drive collected & donated 1,500 lbs of food & $123;
- ETFO Ontario North East donated $100;
- Les Soeurs de l’Assomption de la Ste. Vierge donated $100;
- Lemonade stand proceeds raised $91.40;
- Bible Fellowship Assembly donated $250 and Abundant Grace Ministries donated $25;
- Second harvest donated 475 lbs of frozen foods;
- Timmins & District SPCA donated 370 lbs of dog food;
- The Urban Farm donated 280 lbs of food, and Golden Crust Bakery donated 50 lbs;
- Food bins at Food Basics & Porcupine Mall provided 255 lbs of food;
- PayPal Giving Fund Canada donated $30 and Canadian On-Line Giving Foundation donated $53;
- Food bank clients donated $27;
- Other individuals combined donated 125 lbs. of food (including 15 Christmas cakes from Shriners) and $2,825
SPFB shared grocery store gift cards (136 of $25) with our clients.
SPFB has been serving those in need in Timmins and area since 1987, is operated by volunteers, with monthly operating costs in 2020 averaging $10,306 to date. In November we served 232 people (141 adults and 91 children).
In November through collaborative efforts with Anti-Hunger Coalition Timmins and UWCNEO, 49 people received home food deliveries and additional clients received home food deliveries through collaborative efforts with Timmins Native Friendship Centre.
Thanks to all!
Published at Sat, 05 Dec 2020 13:00:00 +0000